Japan HR Business Partner Professional Development Program
The forum will enable you to:
- Become a world-class strategic HR Business Partner
- Develop skills to be a valued consulting partner within your business
- Keep pace with HR best practice in Japan and internationally
- Learn from the best in the field.
This partnership has one mission in mind: to offer a Japan-based learning platform for HR Business Partners that will equip them with the necessary skills to be able to compete on the global stage with those considered to be best-in-class HR leaders.
Event Details – Course conducted in Japanese
Time: 8.30am – 5.00pm
Location: Vision Center Tokyo Yaesu Minamiguchi (close proximity to Tokyo Station)
Cost: 165,000 yen + Tax
Places are limited to 30-34 HR Business Partners. To ensure your participation, please register by 10 days prior to the event.
ChapmanCG is a well known and highly regarded executive search firm for the global HR profession. Globalinx is a well established and reputable organization known for delivering tailored, or company specific, training programs in Japan. Together ChapmanCG and Globalinx form a perfect partnership. This HR Business Partner Professional Development Program, which is powered by GE Healthcare Japan in collaboration with ChapmanCG and Globalinx, will be heavily focused on HR methodologies that are effective in the Japan market.
The core mission of this program is to offer a Japan-based learning platform for HR Business Partners that will equip participants with the necessary skills required to compete with the best-in-class HR leaders on a global stage (read about our past event here). The emerging requirement for HR professionals in Japan is to act as true ‘business partners’ to the organization. HRBPs need to act as consultants with their internal customers, working to build an organization that can win in the marketplace. This program will prepare participants to lead rather than follow; an essential requirement for HR professionals seeking that competitive edge.
What You Will Learn
The program is developed by Globalinx based on interviews and surveys with senior HR leaders in Japan. These leaders have exclusively shared details with us on the skills and competencies required for the HR Business Partners of tomorrow. Some of the core learnings covered in the program are outlined below:
1. The role of a strategic HR Business Partner
- What business leaders expect from their HR Business Partners
- Role of the S-HRBP
2. Competencies needed to be a successful HRBP
- The skills, knowledge and capabilities required
- Competency self-assessment
3. Developing business acumen
- Understanding company performance through the vision, strategy, objectives and results
- Conducting a SWOT, PEST analyses
- Linking the HR Strategy to Company Strategy
4. Conducting a full organizational analysis
- HR data analysis – understanding business issues through HR data
- HRBP interviews – interviewing internal customers to understand the needs of the business
- Developing HR interventions to address the uncovered needs
5. Influencing the business
- Presenting HR solutions that meet the true needs of the business
6. Personal development plan
- Creating a personal action plan to develop S-HRBP skills and competencies
We have developed an exciting and advanced HR Business Partner learning platform that will enable you to develop your business acumen, influence business leaders and develop the competencies to make you stand out in your field.
Rina has extensive HR leadership experience in Japan and across the Asia Pacific. She has worked with a number of global multinational companies including GE Healthcare, Allianz, GE Capital and Rosetta Stone.
Kevin has extensive experience in human resources, including HR director roles with Intel, Maersk and TEAC Corporation. He has lived in Japan for over 23 years and has worked for European and American multinational companies across Japan, Korea and Asia. He is also the published co-author of The Great Presenter and The Great Negotiator. Participants will also have the opportunity to network and exchange ideas with peers in your field.
Presentations and content
The presentations will take place in Japanese, and the course materials will be available in both Japanese and English. The two-day professional development program will include:
- Case studies (full materials provided)
- Role plays with business professionals
- Group work and presentations.
A workbook featuring tools, methods and templates will be provided to all attendees to enable you to return to your organization with actionable insights.
Location and facilities
The venue for the event will be easily accessible from central Tokyo. Further information will be provided to participants closer to the date. Lunch as well as tea and coffee will be provided at the venue. Participants will be offered regular breaks.
Recordings, photography and use of phones and PCs
We ask participants to have their mobile phones and PCs switched off during the session. You will have opportunities to check your emails and messages during breaks. To protect the privacy of the other participants, no audio or video recordings are permitted. You may take photographs if you have the permission of those appearing in the photo.
Professional development credits
This seminar does not qualify for SHRM professional development credits.
Attendance and cancellation policy
While it is possible to attend for just one day, the full price will be charged and we strongly encourage you to attend for both days. All cancellation requests must be in writing by email at least 10 days before the seminar. You will receive 90% of your registration fee as a refund. If you find that you are unable to attend, and it is less than 10 business days before the seminar start date, you may send a replacement to attend in your place. If you are unable to send a replacement then you will forfeit your registration fee.
If you have any additional queries about the event, please contact:
- Ayumi Ishikura at ChapmanCG
- Tomoko Iizuka at Globalinx (questions in Japanese)
- Kevin Reynolds at Globalinx (questions in English)
Places are limited so we encourage you to register now, click here. We look forward to seeing you at our event.