13 10月 2023
ChapmanCG are proud to partner with Patagonia to appoint a Director, People & Culture for their operations in Japan. Patagonia are in business to save our home planet.
Founded by Yvon Chouinard in 1973, Patagonia Works (“Patagonia”) is a certified B Corporation based in Ventura, California.
A founding member of 1% for the Planet, the company is recognized internationally for its product quality and environmental activism. Its unique ownership structure reflects that Earth is its only shareholder: Profits not reinvested back into the business are paid as dividends to protect the planet.
Patagonia operates its apparel and equipment, food, and related businesses through the following subsidiaries: Patagonia, Inc. (apparel and equipment), Patagonia Provisions (food), Patagonia Media (books, films and multimedia projects), Fletcher Chouinard Designs, Inc. (surfboards), Tin Shed Ventures, LLC (investments), and Worn Wear, Inc. (used and upcycled apparel), and Great Pacific Child Development Center (onsite childcare and development).
The Director, People & Culture Japan (DPCJ) will support the development of Patagonia’s Japan People and Culture strategy and roadmap. The DPCJ is responsible for leading and executing the Japan People & Culture agenda. You will manage the P&C organization in the Japan region, supporting and leading a team of HR/P&C operational and business partners in Japan to build organizational capability and create a deep talent pipeline. The DPCJ reports directly to the General Manager of Japan and oversees the People & Culture function for Japan. They will be a member of the Japan leadership team and act as a coach and key business partner to the leadership team members. The DPCJ will build relationships that inspire and motivate leaders and employees to serve the Patagonia mission ‘’We’re in business to save our home planet’’.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience and a proven track record in a broad range of HR/P&C disciplines and will possess the following:
• Educational background in Human Resources Development, Organizational Development, Business or Public Management
• Fluency in both English and Japanese, speaking and writing skills.
• Ability to demonstrate substantial relevant working experience in the P&C/HR field, with substantial/relevant senior strategic and operational management-leadership experience within a Japan/Asia Pacific environment.
• Extensive experience in employment law and labour practices within a Japan/Asia Pacific region.
• Proven ability to successfully manage key stakeholder relationships, with strong negotiation, communication and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated passion for serving Patagonia’s mission and upholding its core values & love of the outdoors.