Our sample HR Director résumé incorporates best practice ideas on how to write an HR-specific career profile, based on our analysis of the many hundred specimens we collectively see every month. There is no definitive way to write an HR résumé, and views vary from market to market.
A great résumé creates a powerful first impression and should showcase an individual’s skills, experience and capability. It is also important to give the résumé flair and character so that it displays an individual’s personality. The best résumés are those that are comprehensive and at the same time concisely written.
A good résumé will often exhibit the following characteristics:
- Two to four pages in length
- Written in simple fonts (such as Arial, Times Roman or Calibri)
- Use simple formatting (no fancy page breaks, indents or graphics)
- Clearly display the length of tenure in each job ensuring the dates are correct and also match your LinkedIn profile
Work through our sample HR Director résumé to gather ideas to enhance your own HR career profile.
In order to view our sample CV, please visit the site on a desktop or tablet computer.
- 3922 Geraldine Lane, New York, NY 10013
- Mobile: +1 910 331 213
- Email: email@example.com
Creative, results-oriented global HR executive with over 15 years’ experience in management and leadership. Strengths in organisational development and transformation, supporting senior business management and post-M&A integration. Demonstrated success in sustainably improving business performance through talent and culture; employing technology as a tool to transform business processes. Looking to expand experience outside the FMCG and retail industries.
|2008 - 2010||INSEAD, France||Masters of Business Administration, MBA - Exchange|
|2004 - 2005||Singapore Institute of Social Sciences (SISS), Singapore||Diploma in Human Resource Development [Part-time course over 2 years]|
|2002 - 2004||University of Singapore (UOS)||Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA|
Awards and Professional Memberships
- FII Circle of Excellence Award – 2015
- FII Global People Leadership Award – 2014
- HR Leader of the Year, Singapore Human Resources Institute Awards - 2012
- American HR Director of the Year, Human Capital Awards - 2012
- AHRCI “Best of the Best Employee” – 2011 and 2012
Hobbies: Snowboarding, travelling in Latin America, cooking French cuisine, listening to loud music.
Languages: Fluent spoken and written English, Spanish and Mandarin; Intermediate spoken French
Jul 2013 - Present
FMCG INDUSTRIES INTERNATIONAL (FII)
FII is a multinational Consumer Goods company headquartered in the United States. The company employs 105,000 worldwide, with 22,000 employees and 37% of its global revenue derived from Asia Pacific.
Oct 2017 - Present
Vice President Human Resources
Located in New York, reporting directly to the CEO. Oversee the strategic HR function as a member of the Regional Management Team. Also lead the 130-strong regional HR organisation, managing ten direct reports. Total coverage of 22,000 employees with annual revenue of US$8.5 billion.
- Led business transformation and organisational re-design to underpin the company’s digital strategy
- Partnered with the CEO and Executive Leadership Team to drive overall business growth by 23% in Asia through culture and capability build, whilst reducing costs in developed markets
- Deployed world class talent management programs by creating 'EHS', the Executive HR Support team on executive compensation, leadership development and succession planning. Resulted in a 35% increase in retention in FY 2018 and a 17% increase in engagement.
- Improved operational efficiency of the HR organisation by 22% between Dec 2017 and Dec 2018 through an aggressive strategy of outsourcing and HRIS optimisation.
- Devised several successful initiatives and partnerships including appointing an RPO provider that achieved a 25% reduction in global recruitment costs.
Apr 2016 - Oct 2017
Senior HR Manager – Home Appliances, Asia Pacific (ex Japan)
Located in Singapore, reporting to VP Human Resources in the US with dotted lines to the Asia Pacific MD of Home Appliances. Led a team of nine with six direct reports, responsible for an employee population size of 8,000. Particular focus on the markets of China and Philippines, with secondary focus on India.
- Developed top HR strategy through a period of both organic and inorganic growth, implementing a key raft of both operational and strategic HR programmes.
- Designed and implemented the harmonisation strategy of two new business units, leading a dedicated HR integration team drawn from business units across the region.
- Reduced staff turnover rate from 15% in 2015 to under 5% in 2017 by creating a detailed employee engagement programme, which has since been adopted as a worldwide standard.
- Diagnose & implement HR programmes consistent with global standards, while taking into account the business and regulatory environments of 12 separate regional offices.
- Lead Project OCT, the 'Organisational Capability Transformation' exercise, with a focus on culture & leadership in conjunction with the acquisition/integration of two R&D units (adding 850 people to the business size in Asia Pacific).
- Build and develop an operationally sound and responsive team of HR subordinates.
Jul 2013 - Mar 2016
L&D Manager (Corporate), Asia Pacific Japan
Located in Tokyo, reporting to L&D Director of Asia Pacific. Sole contributor role, working with in-country HR teams to cover entire staff size of 30,000+. Travelled extensively, with extended periods in Indonesia and Hong Kong.
- Analysed training needs, and designed, delivered and evaluated a range of instructor-led, computer-based and self-paced training programmes to meet business objectives.
- Successfully delivered a new cross-border leadership and mobility programme, focused on developing critical leadership skills through mobilisation of high-potential key talent.
- Managed external vendors across the region, apportioning the workload of a team of 16 L&D consultants and facilitators.
- Implemented organisational redesign and cultural change initiatives in the Asia Pacific Regional Sales Organisation (APRSO), resulting in a 15% increase in sales in the region.
Feb – Jul 2013
FIVE MONTHS TRAVELLING IN SOUTH AMERICA
Oct 2010 - Feb 2013
ASIA HR CONSULT INTERNATIONAL (AHRCI)
Founded in London in 1991, HR Consult International is a leading HR Consulting firm with ASEAN headquarters (AHRCI) in Singapore. AHRCI's client base included 75% of the region's largest firms. Located in London, with direct reporting line to Singapore OD Practice Lead. No Direct Reports. Overall responsibility for project delivery and client development in Retail and FMCG sectors. Manage bespoke OD solutions including competency framework and performance management designs, succession planning tools and career modelling programmes.
Principal Consultant, Organisational Development, Singapore
- Identified critical success factors of organisational culture through employee surveys, then worked with management to implement calendar of OD interventions [Leading Singapore-based FMCG company, Oct 2011 - Feb 2012 – Change management project].
- Coached 8 senior executives including COO and CIO to help increase productivity level of direct reports over a period of 6 months. Was later asked to present assessment of overall leadership effectiveness in the company. [International Beverages company, Jan-Oct 2011 – Leadership coaching project].
- Developed new role definitions for all managerial levels. Then worked with the in-house C&B team to run a compensation survey to effectively benchmark the salary banding for newly created roles [International Retail company, Feb-Sep 2011 – Role analysis project].
Oct 2008 - Oct 2010
STUDIED MBA IN FRANCE
Apr – Oct 2008 (6 month contract)
Singweb Design is a private company headquartered in Singapore specialising in Web Design. The company started up in early 2006, and by October 2009 had 50 employees
Reporting to Managing Director, entrusted to set up operational HR function. Singapore-based.
Key Responsibilities & Accomplishments:
- Set up basic HR structure, including working rules, recruitment processes, compensation design and employer branding initiatives.
- Successfully recruited senior management team, including CFO, CIO and my successor
Sep 2005 - Apr 2008
SINGAPORE RETAIL CONGLOMERATE (SRC)
A Singapore-based company specialising in the import and retail of luxury clothing lines, SRC employed 3,000 people locally, and also had operations in Thailand, Hong Kong and China.
HR Officer, Recruitment
Reported to HR Manager. Responsible for recruitment and operational HR for Singapore.
Key Responsibilities and Accomplishments:
- Managed and facilitated the end-to-end recruitment of mid-career hires, working closely with business decision-makers on recruitment strategies and vendor management policy
- Supported HR project work, including HR policy reform, training operations, payroll administration and HRIS upgrades.
Availability & Salary Details
Availability: Two months notice. If necessary would be able to offset 15 days of accrued leave.
Current and expected salary details available on request.
Available on request.