Regional Banking HR Leaders met at Morgan Stanley in Hong Kong, on Monday 11 March, for The Chapman Consulting Group’s quarterly roundtable on banking HR trends. Oscar Fuchs, Ben Davies and Matthew Chapman, Directors of The Chapman Consulting Group, were all in attendance.
Leaders attended from Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Blackrock, Prudential, Deutsche Bank, JP Morgan, Barclays, Daiwa, UBS and a number of other financial services organisations. Some of the latest topics discussed included:
- Continued HR transformation remains on-going in a number of banks, in terms of how the HR delivery model is being structured
- Increased regulatory pressures, particularly from Europe, are impinging on potential salary package composition for the future
- Upcoming bonus and salary lifts – news is not particularly positive (again) so HR is very involved in the communication strategy around this and also on-going retention issues
- Cutting edge HR information systems are continuing to be important and several banks are mid implementation of new systems
- Continued discussion around how to build better capability HR Business Partner talent, particularly at a more junior level.
Our next banking session will be in Singapore in late May and details will be posted soon. Attendance is via invitation only.
Keep up with the latest HR insights and updates.Sign up
More articles from Matthew Chapman
Last year I predicted, like many, that the shock of COVID-19 would translate into people…Read
Make It a Priority
Our bodies and minds are capable of a great many things. Pushing ourselves and persevering…Read