ChapmanCG co-hosted three HR networking events in Dubai in late March. Phillips, Microsoft and Maersk each hosted a number of senior HR Leaders to discuss and share insights on innovation in HR in their organisations. Matthew Chapman, CEO ChapmanCG, and Andrew Bailey, Director of BeathChapman Turkey, chaired the discussions in each of the three groups.
Some key takeaways on the latest on HR trends in the Middle East include:
1) Most Middle East markets have bounced back from the doldrums of 2008-2010, and it is encouraging to see a lot of HR hiring going on at the moment.
2) We note Dubai warming up considerably, in terms of demand, with many new Regional and even Global HR positions being created here.
3) We see greater connectivity, in terms of global HR talent movements, between Dubai, London, Zurich, New York, Singapore, Hong Kong and Shanghai.
4) Localisation remains a key HR imperative in most Middle East markets, and this is creating complexity in hiring, even for HR positions.
5) We are seeing a ‘duel’ between Dubai and Istanbul for the location of Middle East/Africa/Eurasia headquarters. Watch this space to see which comes out on top.
Many thanks go to our hosts in Dubai for these useful meetings, and our HR groups will reconvene in Dubai in Quarter three.
Keep up with the latest HR insights and updates.Sign up