Research Specialist, Australia or Europe
Reports to: Director, Global Research and Talent Intelligence
Key Stakeholders: Managing Directors; Senior Directors, Directors
Location: Australia, Europe
ChapmanCG is a global search firm, specialized purely in Human Resources. We conduct executive searches for Human Resources leaders all over the world. In our eleven year history we have built a reputation as one of the most innovative and admired search firms in the world. Our headquarters is located in Singapore, with consultants based throughout Asia, Australia, Europe and North America.
We work across all industries and areas of HR. Our client base is largely European and US global multinationals, public companies of mid-to-large size. As part of our growth strategy, we have a heavy emphasis on thought leadership and HR networking, appreciated by our global HR network which now exceeds 110,000 HR leaders. The loyalty and goodwill that exists in these relationships, along with our deep specialist understanding, allows us to work quickly and efficiently in engaging with the best HR talent anywhere in the world.
We are proud to be a diverse team in pursuit of our company values. We position ourselves externally in line with how we operate internally, which is: Practical and Flexible; Honest and Constructive; Caring and Committed; Intelligent and Agile.
The Research Specialist will work closely with consultants to identify and evaluate relevant profiles for searches. The role will contribute significantly to the speed and accuracy of our delivery to clients. Outstanding delivery and success on retained search activities (our core product at ChapmanCG) is the most vital component of our company’s future.
The key focus of this role will be to identify, source/headhunt and pre-screen best-fit candidates for specific client searches. She or he will use best-in-class search tools such as LinkedIn, social media, websites, recruitment tools and/or job portals, together with ChapmanCG’s database of over 100,000 global HR contacts (on Invenias), to identify and engage talent that meets search criteria.
- Identify top quality, best-fit profiles for client searches using ChapmanCG’s Research Methodology (using LinkedIn, the ChapmanCG database, Boolean searching, Google, referrals etc).
- Participate in client briefings and weekly calls with consultants where required.
- Develop a strong understanding of each search assignment and the criteria in relation to the types of profiles sought.
- Craft compelling written messages to be used to approach / headhunt potential candidates.
- Write articulate and insightful candidate descriptions to be included in JAS client reports.
- Where requested, take the lead in updating and ensuring 100% accuracy of JAS client reports. Ensure that JAS client reports are updated and ready to be sent to the client at least 24 hours in advance of weekly call with client.
- Proactively pipeline HR talent for specific areas of talent shortage where requested.
- Use project management and time management skills to work on 4-8 searches at a time.
- Become a LinkedIn and Invenias super-user through a combination of company training, self-directed learning and on-the-job experience.
- Conduct phone interviews with potential candidates using best practice assessment techniques to then evaluate and make judgments on candidate suitability. Where required, write candidate reports to be presented to the client.
- Ensure completion and submission of weekly and quarterly activity reports and metrics.
- Update consultants on the progress with research at least every 48 hours throughout the entire search project process.
- Provide insights to the Director, Global Research and Talent Intelligence, and the consultants with whom she or he is working, on market trends and competitive landscapes.
- Provide research and insights into markets and skillsets that would be valuable in a ChapmanCG client proposal.
- Suggest and use additional innovative sourcing techniques.
- Maintain accurate contact and company records in Invenias (VEN).
- Add to the ChapmanCG research library industry target lists and company target lists.
- Additional research or analytical projects as and when required.
Qualifications and Experience
A successful applicant will have:
- A Degree qualification
- 5 years+ experience in a corporate environment as an executive search/recruitment researcher, market research, research analyst, intelligence, sales and marketing analyst, data and insights, or similar role.
- Business acumen and knowledge of industries, companies, market/ economic/socio-economic trends as they relate to our clients and the supply of HR professionals around the world.
- Excellent project management and organisational skills.
- Must be nimble using various technologies such as LinkedIn, Invenias, Google, Yammer, Skype, Dropbox, social networking sites and other online databases.
- Strong technology proficiency with computers and MS Office products Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- The tenacity and persistence to continue to enthusiastically unearth top quality names on long, “hard-to-fill” searches.
- Strong analytical and investigative skills.
- A collaborative, optimistic and resilient working style and an energetic, customer-focused work ethic.
To express your interest, please click below. We look forward to hearing from you.