Director Level, Executive Search Consultant, Multiple Locations
Reports to: Regional Managing Director
Key Stakeholders: Managing Directors; Senior Directors
Location: London, New York, Chicago, Shanghai or Sydney
ChapmanCG is a global search firm, specialized purely in Human Resources. We conduct executive searches for Human Resources leaders all over the world. In our eleven year history we have built a reputation as one of the most innovative and admired search firms in the world. Our headquarters is located in Singapore, with consultants based throughout Asia, Australia, Europe and North America.
We work across all industries and areas of HR. Our client base is largely European and US global multinationals, public companies of mid-to-large size. As part of our growth strategy, we have a heavy emphasis on thought leadership and HR networking, appreciated by our global HR network which now exceeds 110,000 HR leaders. The loyalty and goodwill that exists in these relationships, along with our deep specialist understanding, allows us to work quickly and efficiently in engaging with the best HR talent anywhere in the world.
We are proud to be a diverse team in pursuit of our company values. We position ourselves externally in line with how we operate internally, which is: Practical and Flexible; Honest and Constructive; Caring and Committed; Intelligent and Agile.
ChapmanCG is at an exciting stage of growth and we are seeking additional Director-level search consultants to join our global team. We are a virtual business and you can enjoy the flexibility of working virtually whilst being part of a team across the globe. There is flexibility in the base location of these positions however there is a preference for the US, UK, Germany, Australia and China.
As a Director, you will originate and deliver senior HR searches in multiple geographies. Our client base is enviable and consists mainly of dynamic multinational companies. The ability to build long-term relationships, provide high-touch, consultative executive search services and to operate well in a team-based model is crucial for success.
As part of this role you will also enjoy building your social media profile by writing articles, recording podcast interviews with senior HR contacts and hosting HR Leaders Discussion Forums.
- As is the nature of a growing business, this role will be multi-faceted and will grow with us.
- Business development and building long-term relationships with HR contacts.
- Drive a high level of interactions with new and existing contacts and build a territory of contacts.
- Develop a pipeline of new work in collaboration with the MD’s, actively highlighting leads, contributing actively to chasing jobs/pitching jobs and the completion of proposals;
- Full end to end delivery on searches.
- Ability to handle regional/global complexity and successfully work across geographies.
- Demonstrate targeted LinkedIn research and sourcing skills and the ability to think about a process with a ‘retained search’ mindset.
- Stretch yourself to achieve the actions and goals as set in your quarterly business plan; consistently hitting 20+ interactions, 5+ reports out per week and 10 ads per quarter as per the dashboard.
- Build expertise and knowledge across areas of specialisation and write thought leadership articles and client presentations.
- Host/chair events effectively including pre and post-contact coding and management.
- Actively mentor Associates and MIT.
- Embrace technology, efficiency, speed to execute, a collaborative mindset and focus on delivering daily actions.
- Participate in bi-weekly team calls and weekly candidate meetings and forecasting chats with regional teams and others where appropriate.
Qualifications and Experience
A successful applicant will have:
- A Degree qualification.
- Search experience as a consultant or in-house recruitment specialist (minimum 6 years in this specialism not including other working experience).
- Business acumen and knowledge of industries, companies, market/ economic/socio-economic trends as they relate to our clients and the supply of HR professionals around the world.
- Outstanding talent identification and assessment skills.
- Excellent project management and organisational skills.
- Ability to use various technologies such as LinkedIn, Invenias, Google, Yammer, Skype, Dropbox, social networking sites and other online databases.
- Strong technology proficiency with computers and MS Office products Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- High energy, drive and achievement-orientation.
- Impressive relationship building and stakeholder management abilities.
- Team player, willing to dig in alongside colleagues to create outstanding solutions for customers.
- A collaborative, optimistic and resilient working style and an energetic, customer-focused work ethic.
To express your interest, please click below. We look forward to hearing from you.