By accessing our website, requesting our services, applying for a job with us and/or submitting your personal data to us through any means, you consent to your personal data being collected, disclosed, used, stored or otherwise handled as set out in this policy.
2. What personal data do we collect?
Depending on the type of services you request and any applicable contractual, legislative, filing and/or reporting obligations, ChapmanCG may collect information such as (but not limited to):
- Contact details
- Skills and abilities
- Employment history
- Medical history or condition
- Aptitude, psychological and/or psychometric assessment results
- Opinions from referees
- Opinions of others about your work performance
- Information about incidences in the workplace
As a general rule, ChapmanCG will only collect, use or disclose sensitive personal data (such as information relating to your health, racial or ethnic origin, religion, etc) with your explicit consent.
3. Why do we need your personal data?
We collect your personal data so that we can:
- Provide our services to our clients and candidates
- Manage your requests, enquiries, or complaints
- Provide our assessment for our client for the positions we are seeking to fill on their behalf
- Maintain and promote our business or employer-employee relationships
- Inform you of possible work opportunities, relevant candidates, and/or (with your consent) other events that are of relevance to you, such as our HR Networking Sessions
- Pay you (should you be engaged as an employee or contractor)
- Fulfil any applicable contractual, legislative, filing and/or reporting obligations
Where practical, we will take reasonable steps to inform you of the purpose as well as the consequences if all or part of the information is not provided at the point of collection.
4. How we collect personal data?
Generally, ChapmanCG collects your personal data directly from you. For example, when you:
- Deal with us in person, by phone, letter, fax, email, via our website, or any other forms of communication
- Supply us with your CV
- Set up a MyChapmanCG account on our website
We may also collect personal data from third parties such as your referees, our clients, current and/or former employers, educational institutions, associations or bodies, etc.
If you are providing us with personal data about another individual, before doing so you must:
- Warrant that you have that individual's consent to do so.
5. How we collect information from our website?
You do not need to set up a MyChapmanCG account in order to browse our website. If you do not wish to disclose any personal data, please do not set up a MyChapmanCG account.
- Date and time of your visit
- How many people are visiting our website
- How people are using our website
- Which page has the most or least views
We use this information to help us continually improve our website and there is no way we can use it to identify anyone or their browsing activities. If you do not wish to accept cookies, please change your browser settings appropriately.
6. How do we keep your personal data accurate and up-to-date?
ChapmanCG will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data we hold and disclose is accurate, up-to-date, and complete. As such, we may contact you from time to time to check that your personal data is still correct. However, please inform us of any changes to your personal data as soon as you can so that we can maintain the accuracy of your information.
7. How do we protect your personal data?
ChapmanCG is a very eco-friendly company and does not keep any personal data in paper-based files. All information is kept in our secure computer storage facilities and security measures have been put in place to protect the data from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure. Such safeguards include:
- Transmission of data to and from our computerised database is always encrypted.
- Login and password is required to assess our database.
- Access to our database is restricted to authorised personnel only.
- Only strong passwords are accepted and all users are required to change their passwords regularly.
- All staff are trained to handle personal data with the utmost care. Any breach of privacy will result in disciplinary action being taken, depending on the severity.
- All staff are bound by a confidentiality agreement regarding our company and customer information.
- We have appointed a Data Protection Officer to ensure that all personal data is managed in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act and this policy.
8. How long will we keep your personal data for?
ChapmanCG will not keep your personal data longer than necessary and will destroy your personal data in a secure manner when it is no longer required, or upon your request for us to do so.
9. Do we send your personal data overseas?
ChapmanCG is a global company and the nature of our business requires us to transfer your information to our clients, candidates, and/or employees who may be based in countries outside of yours. When we do so, we shall take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipient complies with the Personal Data Protection Act and this policy.
10. How to contact us?
You can contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com for any of the following matters:
- To request for access to the personal data that we hold about you
- To request that we update and/or correct your personal data
- To request that we delete your personal data
- To withdraw your consent to the use and disclosure of your personal data
- To withdraw your consent to us contacting you
- To request to be removed from our mailing lists
We aim to acknowledge receipt as soon as we can, but not exceeding 14 working days after your email has been received. There will be no fee for these services, unless your request is unusually complex.
For complaints, kindly provide us with sufficient details as well as any supporting evidence and/or information. We will contact you if we require any additional information and will notify you in writing on the outcome of our investigation. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you may contact us to discuss your concerns, or contact the Singapore Personal Data Protection Commissioner.